Friday, October 19, 2007

Women in Ads

I have noticed, even before this class, how women are portrayed in ads as almost naked or very sexualized, especially in perfume ads. It is ridiculous how almost every women is either naked or almost naked in every perfume add I see. As we discussed in class, I have also wondered why these ads appear in women magazines. I have never seen the viewpoint that they place those ads there to tell women that's what you need to look like. That's ridiculous! I do not want to see pictures of naked women and that is not going to make me want to buy any brand of perfume. Trust me, I am not about to go out and buy Mariah Carrey's new perfume because I'm sick of seeing her naked butt sticking up out of the water in her perfume ad. Advertisers need to find a different way to sell their perfumes to women because showing us what we will never look like is not the way to do it!

No comments: